Click Me!

Give Me A Click!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's Over, But Reality Is, It Will Never Be Over

Assalamualaikum w.b.t dan salam sejahtera...

Memang betul kata orang, bila kita betul-betul enjoy buat sesuatu, tanpa kita sedari kita akan rasa cepat sungguh masa berlalu. Sama juga dengan Ami. Pada 3 hingga 6 Jun baru-baru ini, pasukan bahas Ami telah mewakili Johor dalam Pertandingan Bahas Bahasa Inggeris Karnival Antara Teknik (KAT) Peringkat Kebangsaan 2010.

Sebelum pertandingan ini bermula, Ami perlu menempuhi peperiksaan pertengahan terlebih dahulu. Masa mula-mula tu, rasa macam tension jugak. Yalah, masakan tidak, Ami perlu kejar balik silibus yang Ami dah tertinggal dan kena buat revision balik. Mujurlah, Ami pergi kelas tusyen, sekurang-kurangnya ada back-up.

Ingat lagi, masa Pengetua berjumpa dengan pelajar-pelajar sekolah Ami yang akan bertanding ke peringkat kebangsaan, dia kata kalau boleh sekurang-kurangnya dapat tempat ke-3. Agak berat sebenarnya, but I told her I'll try my best since for now I have to catch-up back with my studies. Hey, I want to excel in my studies and win at the same time okay?

So, we had our 3 days-battled during KAT. It was a totally new experience for me as a debater since this is the first time I reached national in debate. I realized that this time, the debate is no longer counted the substance, but also the style. Unlike the zone level, where they focused on substance, but this time the adjudicators judge based on our style: the way present our case, how confidence are we and the way we answered the POIs given by the opponents.

First round, we met Terengganu. Honestly, the first impression I have on the team was: I bet their English is not very good as their mostly influenced by their 'slang'. Mungkin Allah Maha Berkuasa, all my members were shocked or we called it 'terpana', 'terkesima' with Terengganu's team. I mean, wow. They speak much better than us. So, the whole that time, our motivation and confidence start to go down. i still try my best, but mungkin rezeki bukan di pihak kami, so Terengganu's team won

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...